Client and veterinary team communication are essential both to the delivery of high quality medicine and to the success of specialty veterinary practice. Specialists are experts within their niches in veterinary medicine. The ability to manage an animal’s healthcare effectively and efficiently depends upon communicating with and understanding the perspective of the people connected to that animal. This workshop will provide a forum in which individuals at all stages of their careers can hone their communication skills.
This hands-on, practical workshop presents communication as an evidence-based discipline; concrete communication tools and techniques will be presented and practiced. Mini-lectures, small group exercises that are designed to practice and refine skill use, and simulations with standardized clients will be the primary means by which learners experiment with their communication skills toolbox in a safe, supportive environment that offers constructive, coach-directed feedback.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Describe how effective clinical communication influences relationship-centered care.
- Name, define and practice clinically relevant communication skills that contribute to positive patient outcomes in the veterinary consultation.
- Promote effective communication with the entire veterinary team, with emphasis on clients and their support systems.
- Self-reflect upon aspects of clinical communication that are opportunity areas for growth and strategize next steps for how to effect positive change in client interactions.
Agenda – please click here
Your registration fee includes:
- Lecture Proceedings
- Friday evening dinner, refreshment breaks and lunch on Saturday and Sunday
- Transportation between Springhill Suites by Marriott Anschutz Medical Campus and the University of Colorado Anschutz Campus
RACE Application Status:
This program will be submitted for 16.75 hours of continuing education credit (pending final agenda content) for approval in jurisdictions which recognize RACE approval.
A special thank you to our Strategic Partner