This 2.5-day virtual course will focus on advances in companion animal hematologic and immune-mediated diseases.
Topics covered will include an overview of routine management of immune-mediated disorders focusing on recent updates as well as a discussion of advanced therapies. Infectious diseases and their role in these conditions will be discussed. Advanced clinical pathology of bone marrow structure and diseases will be reviewed. An overview of diagnosis and management of hemostatic disorders will be given, along with updates in transfusion medicine.
This virtual program will consist of traditional lectures, case study presentations and panel discussions. From this program, new ideas and approaches can be immediately incorporated into daily activities, with enhanced patient care to help facilitate improved outcomes.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Recognize and implement state of the art diagnostic and treatment options for canine and feline immune mediated diseases.
- Explain the pathogenesis of bone marrow diseases and apply relevant diagnostic tests to identify these conditions in dogs and cats.
- Recognize and apply current best practices in the diagnosis, management and monitoring of patients with concurrent infectious and immune mediated disease.
- Effectively evaluate and manage patients with hemostatic disease.
- Incorporate best practices related to transfusion medicine in treatment of immune mediated and hematologic disorders in dogs and cats.
On Demand registration is still available! All sessions, including the live Q&As and panel discussions will be captured during the live course in April and will be provided to all registrants for convenient, on demand access by early May. On demand access will be available until May 2024.
RACE Application Status:
Live course registration: This program will be submitted for 19.5 hours of Live, Interactive continuing education credit in jurisdictions which recognize AAVSB RACE-approval.
On-demand course registration: This program will be submitted for 19.5 hours of Anytime, Non-Interactive-distance continuing education credit in jurisdictions which recognize AAVSB RACE-approval.
Participants should be aware that some state boards have limitations on the number of hours accepted in certain categories and/or restrictions on certain methods of delivery of continuing education. Please contact your state board directly with any questions.
For additional questions, please contact us at Learning@ACVIM.org.
All registrations are non-refundable.