As an equine internist in private, referral or institutional practice, clients and referring veterinarians alike rely on your expertise in the latest developments in neonatology to save their critically ill neonatal foal. By attending this course, you will learn the latest concepts and therapies from experts in the field. Practical and informative, the course will give you immediate take home applications for your practice, allowing you to deliver top tier care to your youngest and most fragile patients.
- SIRS and Sepsis
- Neonatal encephalopathy
- Antimicrobial stewardship
- Fluid therapy for renal and gastrointestinal problems
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Explain normal physiological processes during fetal development.
- Describe pathophysiology of common diseases and in some cases, compare and contrast with conditions in adult horses and human neonates.
- Select appropriate diagnostic testing for common neonatal conditions.
- Identify latest therapeutic interventions for common neonatal conditions.
RACE Application Status:
This program has been approved for 21 hours of continuing education credit in jurisdictions which recognize RACE approval.