Join us for a 4-day intensive hands-on resident endoscopy course taught by experts in veterinary endoscopy. This course combines didactic instruction with plenty of hands-on laboratories utilizing live animals, cadavers and endoscopic models to help residents hone their endoscopic skills.
Day 1 and 2 will focus on GI endoscopy performing upper and lower GI endoscopy, foreign body removal, PEG tube placements, treatment of esophageal strictures and more. Day 3 focuses on endourology using both rigid and flexible techniques. Cystoscopic examination, biopsy, bulking procedures and more will be covered. Day 4 will focus on respiratory endoscopy including rhinoscopy, sinus trephination, laryngeal evaluation and bronchoscopy.
This course will also provide ample opportunity for residents to interact with fellow residents and instructors through social events, including a welcome reception and group dinners.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Perform upper and lower GI endoscopy
- Perform rhinoscopy and bronchoscopy
- Perform cystoscopy in both males and females
Why should an ACVIM resident attend this course?
- Resident will gain proficiency in GI, urinary and respiratory endoscopy.
- Resident will understand when specific endoscopic procedures are best incorporated in clinical case management.
- The resident will bring back new concepts or “tricks of the trade” that can be employed in their clinical program
This program has been approved for 33.00 hours of continuing education credit in jurisdictions which recognize RACE approval.